Our Houston personal injury lawyer, Charles J. Argento, knows that if there is one thing that is true in Texas, it is that there is no lack of construction projects. Whether they are on our roadways, on our sidewalks, or growing the skylines in our cities, construction projects of all sizes come with inherent hazards to both their crews and the public.
If you have been injured on or near a construction site, it may be difficult to tell, let alone prove, who was liable for the dangerous conditions that caused your accident. Our Harris County construction accident attorney knows that is because there is a seemingly endless number of people, companies, and potential insurance companies to blame. We can help you determine the origin of your construction accident and injuries, so you can pursue the outcome you deserve.
Here is what you need to know.
Who Can Be Held Liable for Texas Construction Site Accidents?
The circumstances that lead to Texas construction accidents, injuries, or fatalities are unique to each client we represent. In some cases, there are multiple parties involved, and each of their insurance companies may share some of the liability for your damages.
The most common parties who may be liable for a construction accident in Houston may include, but are not limited to:
- Negligent employers who do not inspect or maintain the equipment, who do not enforce the necessary safety standards required by Occupational Safety and Health Administration, or who fail to supervise the jobsite properly.
- Negligent employees who do not follow safety standards, operate machinery recklessly, fail to ensure equipment, tools, or other hazards are contained, or are impaired at work.
- Manufacturers that supply faulty or defective heavy equipment or safety gear.
- Negligent drivers who load or deliver materials at the construction site.
- Subcontractors or independent contractors who have one or more roles, intermittently at the construction site.
Construction site accident injuries in Texas are often catastrophic, leaving the injured person with extended medical treatment needs, and long-term absences from work. Even if you were not working on the construction site and were just a passerby who was harmed by negligence — like falling objects, falls in uncovered spaces, or other hazards — you too may have a claim against one or more parties who are liable for the safety at the site. We can help you pursue each potential party for the best outcome for your unique needs.
Contact Our Experienced Construction Accident and Injury Lawyer in Houston, Texas for Help
If you were injured or lost a loved one to negligence on a construction site in Texas, contact our experienced personal injury attorney in Houston at Charles J. Argento today to schedule a free consultation by calling 713-225-5050 or by contacting us online.
Our law firm does not get paid until we obtain a settlement or verdict for your unique case.