Medical Malpractice Attorney in Galveston,Texas
Galveston is located on Pelican and Galveston Islands, and has a population of 47,762. During the 19th Century, the city was a major commercial center and one of the largest ports in the country. However, a devastating hurricane in 1900 caused severe flooding and storm surges. Galveston has since rebuilt and currently has bustling tourism, shipping, and finance industries.
Health care is another key industry sector in Galveston, and health providers have a duty of care to those who access their services. Where medical malpractice results in injury or death, there are legal avenues available for obtaining compensation.
Helping Galveston Medical Malpractice Victims
Although the Texas legislature has capped the amount of damages possible in medical malpractice lawsuits, these claims are still able to be made. In 2011, the last year for which statistics are available, there were 450 medical malpractice claims in Texas.
Engaging an experienced Galveston medical malpractice attorney is the first step towards righting the wrong a victim has suffered. Charles J. Argento helps victims to secure the damages they deserve when a healthcare provider has failed to competently perform his or her medical duties.
Galveston Medical Malpractice
Medical malpractice is when a patient is harmed because a healthcare professional failed to perform competently under accepted standards of medical care. To prove medical malpractice, the patient must show that the doctor or other healthcare provider was negligentor not reasonably skillful and careful in treatment.
Negligence could be proved by:
- Showing the healthcare provider failed to diagnose an illness or condition;
- Showing that the healthcare provider failed to follow proper medical procedure in treating a patient;
- Showing that a healthcare provider did not warn a patient of known risks of a procedure or medication.
Additionally, the patient must show that there was a doctor-patient relationship and that the damages requested are linked to the resulting injury.
In a medical malpractice claim, a victim can demand certain types of damages, including:
- General damages which include physical and mental pain and suffering;
- Special damages which include things that can be quantified. These include medical bills and lost income.
At Charles J. Argento & Associates, our personal injury law firm in Houston, TX also focuses on the following practice areas:
Call Our Galveston Medical Malpractice Attorney For A Free Initial Consultation
If you or a loved one have been the victim of Galveston, Texas medical malpractice, out Galveston personal injury lawyer Mr. Argento has the experience you need to regain your quality of life. Our Galveston injury law firm has been handling medical malpractice cases for over two decades. We use aggressive litigation tactics, while at the same time providing support for our client during this difficult time.
Mr. Argento offers a free initial consultation to all potential clients from Galveston. He also offers Spanish-speaking services. For your free consultation, we welcome your call at (713) 225-5050.
These directions are from Google Maps starting from:
Galveston, TX 77554
Total Est. Time: 1h 11 mins
Total Est. Distance: 62.6 mi
- Head southeast on Zingelmann Rd toward Homrighaus Rd
- Take the 1st left onto Homrighaus Rd
- Turn right onto 8 Mile Rd
- Turn left onto Stewart Rd
- Slight left to stay on Stewart Rd
- Turn left onto 61st St
- Turn left onto Broadway St/Broadway Rear St
- Take the Interstate 45 N ramp on the left
- Merge onto I-45 N
- Take exit 51 for Interstate 610 W
- Merge onto I-610 W
- Take exit 14 toward Ella Blvd
- Merge onto N Loop W Fwy
- Sharp left to stay on N Loop W Fwy
- Turn right
- Destination will be on the left
We are located at:
1111 North Loop West, Suite 715
Houston, TX 77008
We Also Serve The Following Areas: