Dive Boat Accident Attorneys in Houston, Texas
At Charles J. Argento, our dive boat accident attorneys in Houston know that when negligence occurs off any of the 367 miles of the Texas coastline, lives are endangered immediately.
Whether the captain, crew, or passengers are traveling onboard a dive boat for work or recreation, any form of negligence can lead to catastrophic injuries or fatalities with one wrong move. Unfortunately, most companies that operate commercial and recreational dive boats place profits over safety, impacting their workforces and tourists’ livelihoods each day they are on the water.
Dive boat companies are legally and ethically obligated to ensure their boats, equipment, and practices are operated, maintained, or equipped as safely as possible. When they fail, our Harris County personal injury lawyer can help you and your family pursue the negligent person, party, or combination of parties that are liable for the circumstances that led to your injuries or your loved one’s death onboard a Texas dive boat.
What are the Most Common Causes of Dive Boat Accidents in Texas?
Many things that can go wrong when negligence is a factor on a dive boat in Texas.
That may include:
- Capsizing and/or Sinking
- Colliding with Other Vessels
- Defective Diving Equipment
- Distracted Operation of a Vessel
- Equipment Failures
- Excessive Speed
- Failing to Assess Each Diver’s Capabilities and Comfort Levels
- Failing to Ensure All Divers Were Properly Certified
- Failing to Ensure All Rental Gear was Properly Inspected, Repaired, Maintained, and Functioning Properly
- Failing To Keep Sufficient Records of the Inspection, Repair, and Maintenance of All Rental Gear
- Failing to Properly Analyze the Weather and Water Conditions
- Falls Overboard
- Impaired Instructors or Crew
- Improper Instructions
- Improper Lookout
- Improperly Maintained Vessels
- Improperly Trained Instructors or Crew
- Lack of Lifejackets and/or Safety Gear
- Lack of Required Licenses and/or Certifications for Dive Operators/Masters
- Lack of Required Safety Signs and First Aid Equipment On Dive Boats
- Mechanical Defects on the Boat or Diving Equipment
- Navigational Errors
- Onboard Fires
- Propeller Accidents
- Running Aground
- Slips and Falls Aboard the Vessel
When negligence impacts those onboard, the liable parties must be held accountable for their actions or inaction in ensuring that injuries or fatalities did not occur. We can help identify the proper parties and pursue their insurance coverage for each of our client’s full financial compensation, so they can get their lives back.
At Charles J. Argento & Associates, Our Law Firm Also Focuses on the Following Practice Areas:
Who Can Be Held Liable for Dive Boat Accidents, Injuries & Fatalities in Texas?
Because dive boats are used in different capacities, there could be varying parties or even multiple parties liable for the crash, lack of safety equipment, or another negligent incident that occurred while occupants were onboard.
Common parties that may be held liable for dive boat accidents, injuries, and fatalities in Texas may include, but are not limited to:
- Rental Companies
To learn more about your legal rights and options to hold the proper party, or combination of parties, responsible for your dive boat accident, contact Charles J. Argento today. We can help.
Contact Our Experienced Dive Boat Accident Lawyer in Houston, Texas for Help
If you were injured or lost a loved one in a dive boat accident in Texas, contact our experienced personal injury attorney in Houston at Charles J. Argento today to schedule a free consultation by calling (713) 225-5050 or by contacting us online. We can help you determine which party is liable for your financial recovery, so you can focus on your physical and emotional well-being.
Our law firm does not get paid until we obtain a settlement or verdict for your unique case.