At least one person is killed in a motor vehicle collision every 2 hours and 36 minutes in the state of Texas, according to a Texas Department of Transportation report.
This figure is based on car crash reports in 2013 when a total of 89,270 people suffered serious injury and 3,377 died as a result of motor vehicle accidents which include car accidents. Total injuries, including serious injuries, reached 232,041.
In most cases, car crashes were due to a party driving under the influence of alcohol or distracted driving.
Highlights of the latest crash report:
- More than half of fatal motor vehicle accidents occurred in rural areas
- Drunk driving crashes often happen between 2 a.m. to 2:59 a.m. and on a Saturday
- More than 700 people were injured in crashes at intersections
- The month of June, 2013 had the highest number of motor vehicle fatalities
- At least one person is killed every day in a motor vehicle accident in Texas
Compensation for Car Collisions in Texas
The Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code allows injured persons and heirs of car accident fatalities to sue a party whose fault, negligence, wrongful act, carelessness and default caused the accident, for damages.
If you or a loved one is involved in an auto crash, your personal injury lawyer in Texas can help you obtain compensation by:
- Proving the extent of your injuries
- Establishing the necessity of medical care or therapy
- Proving your economic losses such as lost hours at work and earnings
- Establish your non-economic injuries such as physical pain and suffering, disfigurement, loss of companionship, mental anguish and loss of enjoyment of life
Texas laws further require motor vehicle owners to obtain adequate insurance to cover accidents. Filing a claim with the insurer is a legal option; however, insurance companies, even your own insurer, ordinarily seek ways to minimize their costs by offering less than fair amounts to accident claimants.
Your car wreck attorney can help by negotiating on your behalf or when an amicable settlement is not possible, they may file the appropriate lawsuit before the action for damages expires.
In Texas, the law firm of Charles J. Argento has more than 25 years of proven experience in personal injury cases, including car accident claims. Mr. Argento is also a recipient of the prestigious Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Ratings AV Classification.
We offer a no-obligation and free consultation and will work on your case on a contingency fee basis. We invite you to call us today at (713) 225-5050 to discuss your particular situation with one of our dedicated and understanding injury attorneys.