The physical, emotional, and financial trauma from Texas personal injuries can impact each of our clients’ lives differently, including limiting their day-to-day activities and negatively affecting their overall quality of life.
We can help.
Our Harris County personal injury lawyers focus on providing our clients with customized legal strategies and tips on how to help promote a healthy recovery.
If you have been injured in a collision or another personal injury incident, listen to your body and be patient with the recovery process.
Here are a few tips on how to do so.
How Long Will It Take for My Auto Accident Injuries to Heal?
The severity of your injury, your current health, and whether you have any preexisting conditions, it can take weeks or even months to get back on your feet after an accident.
Your overall car accident recovery time depends on a variety of factors, including:
- Your age, diet, and exercise program
- Your health before the car accident
- The injuries you sustained in the auto collision
- The amount of time you wait before seeking treatment
- How much rest you can achieve each day/night
- Your access to quality healthcare
- Your support system
Each person’s accident’s circumstances and injuries are unique. That means they will require a different timeline for healing. Once your physician diagnoses your complete injuries, there are a few ways you can help improve your condition.
What Can I Do To Help the Healing Process After a Texas Car Accident With Injuries?
The very first thing you can do to ensure your treatment plan is on track follows all your doctor’s recommendations.
That may include:
- Using ice or heat to reduce pain, swelling, and inflammation.
- Participating in physical therapy.
- Resting in between movements, so you do not over-exert yourself and increase the risk for injury.
- Slowly adopt a physician-approved stretching or exercise routine.
- Drink plenty of water to promote healing.
- Eat recovery foods and supplements that promote healing, including fruits and vegetables to reduce inflammation, and protein to help rebuild muscle mass.
- Consider massage therapy to improve your range of motion, reduce muscle spasms, and promote blood circulation to injured areas.
While you heal, avoid drinking alcohol, especially if you have been prescribed pain medication by your physician. Once you have reached maximum medical improvement, our skilled personal injury lawyers in Houston will outline your complete damages, so together we can pursue the best financial outcome for your unique injuries.
How Can I Address My Emotional Trauma from a Houston Personal Injury Accident?
While you may have multiple physical injuries after a car crash, injury victims may also suffer significant emotional trauma that can lead to severe depression, anxiety, and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
To promote a complete emotional recovery after your car accident:
- Talk with friends or relatives about the stress the accident has caused.
- Safely work towards a return to your daily activities and routines.
- Avoid substances like drugs and alcohol.
- Maintain a healthy diet.
- Ease yourself back into driving.
- Seek help from a professional counselor or speak with a physician about possible medications that can help.
Recovering from a personal injury can take time. It is important to follow all your physician’s directions, be patient with the process, and give yourself time to get your life back on track.
We can help, starting with a free consultation.
Contact Our Skilled Personal Injury Lawyer in Houston, Texas for Help
If you were injured because of another person or party’s negligence in Texas, contact our experienced Houston personal injury lawyer at Charles J. Argento today to schedule a free consultation by calling 713-225-5050 or by contacting us online to learn more about your legal rights and options to pursue the negligent party’s insurance coverage for your full financial recovery.
Charles J. Argento & Associates, our personal injury attorney in Houston does not get paid until we obtain a settlement or verdict for you and will keep you updated during each stage of your case, so you know what to expect as the case moves forward.