Texas consumers place a certain amount of trust in companies to produce products that will enhance their lives, not hinder their livelihoods. When an injury or illness occurs as a result of a purchase and use of a dangerous or defective product, the future can look grim for the victim. If you or a loved one have been injured or have developed an ailment due to a defective product, an experienced and dedicated attorney can help with recovering damages in a product liability lawsuit.
At Charles J. Argento & Associates, our accomplished Personal injury attorney and support staff understand that your faith in manufacturing and marketing is based on the responsibility that comes with those practices where consumers are protected by product liability laws. Manufacturers, distributors and marketers are responsible for dangerous product and defective product injuries that victimize consumers. Simply put, the injuring factor that makes its way to the public should have been stopped by one of the companies producing the products. When they fail to do so, and you are injured as a result, you may have a claim to pursue financial recovery.
Personal injury, especially in product liability cases, requires precision, attention to detail and evidential exploration to prove in court. This is why it is imperative that you contact an personal injury attorney immediately if you or someone you love has fallen victim to an injury or illness due to a harmful product.
Examples of Product Liability Recovery Tactics
There are a number of approaches available to our clients when pursuing a negligent party to recover a settlement in a product liability case. Our seasoned lawyer will explore your case beginning with a free initial consultation to determine which course of action to take to achieve success. We can help build a solid case by researching and establishing the following elements necessary for a successful case:
- Negligence: The lack of reasonable care during the manufacturing or sale of a product, including the lack of warning regarding the products safety, is considered negligence.
- Breach of Warranty: When an individual bases a product’s performance on the accompanying warranty that was distributed with the product, and there is a failure to fulfill those terms, Breach of Warranty is enforceable in court.
- Misrepresentation: When consumers believe — based on the sale, marketing and even packaging of a product — giving consumers a false sense of security about a product’s safety, misrepresentation is an enforceable clause in the courtroom.
- Strict Liability: When a product is defective, rendering itself unreasonably dangerous, even if the defendant is not at fault, the company is still responsible for the injury that results.
There is absolutely no limit to the number of products that can fall under a product liability case. Some products that are more common than others include:
- Machinery and/or Tools
- Medical Products & Devices
- Motor Vehicles
- Pharmaceutical Products
- Recreational Products
If you feel that you or a loved one has been injured by a dangerous product or defective product, our Houston law firm can help you clearly understand your options for pursuing the party responsible for your injuries.
Our law firm and its success are cemented in 27 years of personal injury experience that is available to victims beginning with a conversation. Our office provides free consultations, giving you and your family the information you need to make an informed decision regarding your personal injury. Contact our dedicated and compassionate defective products lawyer today at (713) 225-5050 to discuss your case in full. You are under no obligation to accept our representation offer, as we fully understand that pursuing a personal injury case is a big decision. Although we can help you understand your options clearly, it is also important to know that we do not accept any fee if we do not win your case. There are no upfront fees, retainers or complicated consultative terms; we simply want to help you and your family fully recovery from any injuries.