Texas consumers place a certain amount of trust in companies to produce products that will enhance their lives, not hinder their livelihoods. When an injury or illness occurs as a result of a purchase and use of a dangerous or defective product, the future can look grim for the victim. If you or a loved one have been injured or have developed an ailment due to a defective product, an experienced and dedicated attorney can help with recovering damages in a product liability lawsuit.
At Charles J. Argento & Associates, our accomplished Personal injury attorney and support staff understand that your faith in manufacturing and marketing is based on the responsibility that comes with those practices where consumers are protected by product liability laws. Manufacturers, distributors and marketers are responsible for dangerous product and defective product injuries that victimize consumers. Simply put, the injuring factor that makes its way to the public should have been stopped by one of the companies producing the products. When they fail to do so, and you are injured as a result, you may have a claim to pursue financial recovery.
Personal injury, especially in product liability cases, requires precision, attention to detail and evidential exploration to prove in court. This is why it is imperative that you contact an personal injury attorney immediately if you or someone you love has fallen victim to an injury or illness due to a harmful product.
Examples of Product Liability Recovery Tactics
There are a number of approaches available to our clients when pursuing a negligent party to recover a settlement in a product liability case. Our seasoned lawyer will explore your case beginning with a free initial consultation to determine which course of action to take to achieve success. We can help build a solid case by researching and establishing the following elements necessary for a successful case:
- Negligence: The lack of reasonable care during the manufacturing or sale of a product, including the lack of warning regarding the products safety, is considered negligence.
- Breach of Warranty: When an individual bases a product’s performance on the accompanying warranty that was distributed with the product, and there is a failure to fulfill those terms, Breach of Warranty is enforceable in court.
- Misrepresentation: When consumers believe — based on the sale, marketing and even packaging of a product — giving consumers a false sense of security about a product’s safety, misrepresentation is an enforceable clause in the courtroom.
- Strict Liability: When a product is defective, rendering itself unreasonably dangerous, even if the defendant is not at fault, the company is still responsible for the injury that results.
There is absolutely no limit to the number of products that can fall under a product liability case. Some products that are more common than others include:
- Machinery and/or Tools
- Medical Products & Devices
- Motor Vehicles
- Pharmaceutical Products
- Recreational Products
If you feel that you or a loved one has been injured by a dangerous product or defective product, our Houston law firm can help you clearly understand your options for pursuing the party responsible for your injuries.
Our law firm and its success are cemented in 27 years of personal injury experience that is available to victims beginning with a conversation. Our office provides free consultations, giving you and your family the information you need to make an informed decision regarding your personal injury. Contact our dedicated and compassionate defective products lawyer today at (713) 225-5050 to discuss your case in full. You are under no obligation to accept our representation offer, as we fully understand that pursuing a personal injury case is a big decision. Although we can help you understand your options clearly, it is also important to know that we do not accept any fee if we do not win your case. There are no upfront fees, retainers or complicated consultative terms; we simply want to help you and your family fully recovery from any injuries.
Houston Defective Products Injury Attorneys
Product manufacturers, designers, and retailers are responsible to their customers for the safety of the products they create and sell. Customers have a right to expect that the products they buy will, at the very least, be safe when used as designed. When these products turn out to be defective or dangerous, causing serious injury or property damage to customers, these customers may be entitled to bring a products liability lawsuit against the companies that created, manufactured, or sold these defective products.
Take action as soon as possible after a defective product injury
Under Texas law, consumers who are injured by defective products are entitled to financial compensation for the costs associated with these injuries. Bringing these claims successfully requires the assistance of a skilled and experienced products liability lawyer. If you or someone you love has been injured by a defective product, find out if you’re a good candidate to file a claim for money damages by contacting the Houston offices of Charles J. Argento for a no-cost consultation on your dangerous product claim.
Manufacturers and retailers bear strict liability for defective products
The legal principle of strict liability states that those who make or sell a product are financially liable for injuries caused by a customer using that product in a reasonably foreseeable or intended way even when the defect was unknown. In other words, if a customer buys a product and uses it in the way either that manufacturers intended or that a reasonable person would have used the product, and the product harms the consumer, then the manufacturer or retailer is required to compensate the injured customer regardless of whether the manufacturer or retailer knew that the product was dangerous when it was sold.
What to do after you’re injured by a defective product
After a dangerous product causes injuries to you or a loved one, take the following steps to ensure that your claim is preserved:
- Seek medical attention: Make sure you or your injured loved one gets the medical care they need, both to prevent injuries from going untreated, and to make sure that you can present medical records that support your injury claims in a subsequent lawsuit
- Preserve the defective product: Save the product that failed and caused your injuries, leaving it exactly as it was when it hurt you or your loved one. Take photos of the injuries or property damage the item caused, as well.
- Contact an attorney: As soon as possible, consult with a Houston defective products lawyer on your injury. Product liability claims require the assistance of an experienced attorney with knowledge of how to investigate and gather evidentiary support for such claims. Get seasoned and dedicated help with your claim by contacting Houston dangerous products lawyer Charles J. Argento for a consultation.
Help is Available after a Defective Product Injury in Houston
For assistance getting the damages you deserve after being injured by a dangerous product in Texas, contact Houston product liability attorney Charles J. Argento for a free consultation at 713-766-4504.