Making the Most of a Personal Injury Consultation
Choosing an attorney to represent you in your personal injury case is a significant decision that should not be taken lightly. Unfortunately, the legal system is a slow moving machine and cases can take several years to completely resolve. Due to the length of this attorney/client relationship, it is important not to settle quickly on the first attorney you meet if it is not a good match.
We suggest taking advantage of a free consultation like the one offered by our firm. In order to make the most out of your consultation, you want to be sure your potential attorney has all the information needed to carefully assess your case.
What You Should Bring to Your Personal Injury Consultation
- Police report. If you were in an accident, most likely there is a police report discussing your injuries and the events leading up to the accident. This information is very valuable to your attorney
- Medical records. Try to obtain all of your medical treatment records before your consultation. You should be able to get these records from your health care providers by signing a simple release. Make sure you get records from all the professionals who have treated you since your accident, including emergency room professionals, primary care physicians, surgeons, chiropractors, and mental or behavioral health providers. This helps provide a full picture to your attorney of the various impacts of your accident
- Medical bills. In order to make an accurate assessment of the value of your case, it is important for your potential attorney to see what you have been billed for and what you have paid in relation to your injuries. Bring all medical bills and/or receipts for your treatment so far
- Paystubs. Bring a few paystubs with you to your consultation to help your attorney calculate potential wage loss or loss of earning capacity claims
- Your questions. You likely have a lot of questions running through you mind about the process of personal injury litigation, the likelihood of recovery, and your potential attorney’s relevant experience. Bring a list of your questions so you don’t forget to ask any during your consultation. You want to leave the meeting feeling like you have a good understanding of your case and what the necessary next steps might be
Keeping these tips in mind, now is a great time to schedule a free consultation with the experienced attorneys at the law firm of Charles J. Argento to discuss your case.
Contact us today online or by calling toll free at (713) 225-5050. We speak both English and Spanish and look forward to helping you with your case.