Injury At Work Checklist
1. You have the right to receive benefits under Workers’ Compensation.
2. You have the right to receive the medical care reasonable and necessary to treat your work-related injury or illness for the rest of your life.
3. You have the right to the initial choice of doctor. Company Doctors are not on your side. We have Doctors that will help you.
4. You have the right to hire an attorney to help you get benefits or to help you resolve disputes.
5. You have the right to receive assistance from appropriate, qualified Commission staff and, in the event of a dispute resolution proceeding, from a Commission ombudsman free of charge. To request assistance, contact the field office handling your claim, or call 1-800-252-7031.
6. You have the right to confidentiality.
7. You have the responsibility to tell your employer about your injury or illness within 30 days of the date you knew your illness might be work related.
8. You have the responsibility to fill out a claim form and send it to the Commission.
9. You have the responsibility to tell the Commission and the insurance carrier any time your income changes.
10. You have the responsibility to tell the doctor you were injured and if you believe it may be work-related.